What is the Provisional Driving License (PDL) in Singapore?
A Provisional driving license in Singapore can only be obtained if you have passed the Basic Theory Test earlier.
To apply for a Provisional Driving Licence (PDL), you need to apply personally at the Test Centre and bring along the following documents:
- S$ 25.00 (Fee) payable by NETS or Cashcard
- NRIC (Singaporean/Permanent Resident)
- Passport & Work Permit/Employment Pass (Foreigner)
- Pass Basic Theory Test (BTT) Result Slip
- Pass the pre-requisite eyesight test conducted by TP staff counter
It is only after obtaining the provisional driving license that you can start to engaged a licensed driving instructor to commence on your practical driving license.
It is an offense to take practical driving lessons without a PDL.