Everyone hopes to pass their TP test at their first attempt so that they do not have to re-take the test and spend more money. There are some instances where people failed their Traffic Police Test for more than 10 times and this could vastly affect their morale and determination.
For every case where students passed their TP Practical Driving Test at their first attempt, there are common traits that they possessed.
1) They are better in muti-tasking such as controlling the vehicle and at the same time, monitoring the road traffic.
2) They are calm during panic situations.
3) They have better situation awareness.
Top 10 Common Mistakes Made
1) Strike/mount kerb during the circuit course
2) Fail to check blind spot
3) Steer the steering wheel when vehicle is stationery
4) Change lane abruptly
5) Making sharp and wide turn
6) Speed too slow
7) Veer off course
8) Fail to slow down when approaching road hazards
9) Not able to confirm safety
10) Passing the traffic lights during amber lights or blinking green arrow
The mistakes mentioned above are the most common mistakes that made by students during Traffic Police Test. Also, these are the mistakes that caused many students to fail during their first attempt.
The reason students are committing the top 10 common mistakes is because their instructors did not mention to their students. When students made these mistakes during these normal practical lessons and no one voiced out to them, it became a bad habit.
Tips for passing their TP Practical Driving Test
When students entered the stationary car for TP Practical driving test, the first few things they should take note are:
1) Adjust their seats to their own comfort level.
2) Fasten their seat belts.
3) Adjust the rear mirror so that they are able to monitor the traffic behind.
4) Adjust the side mirrors so that they are able to see both sides of the traffic when changing lanes.
5) Before moving off, check your surroundings to ensure you are safe to drive off.
6) Always remember to signal before changing to the lane you want so that it serves as a signal to other drivers about your intention.
7) Follow the tester’s instructions clearly and carefully. Do not try to do things according to your own will.
A lot of students fail their Traffic Police test in the circuit course itself due to anxiety and the tremendous pressure faced. Students are well prepared in driving the courses in the circuit before they booked their TP test. The reason they fail because they are nervous and always focusing on the outcome of the test. Students are adviced to calm down and take the test as if they are driving normally during their practical lessons.
Assigned Test Route
School/private driving instructors have brought their students to familarize all the test routes that will be tested during the Traffic Police Test. Students who fail because of the accumulated “small” mistakes they made which exceeds 20 points.
Students should spend a few revision practical driving lessons with their instructions few days before they take the practical test so that instructors could pinpoint all the bad habits they have and ensure that they do not commit the same mistake again during TP test. After the revision lessons with their instructors, it is best to record down into a notebook and remind yourself not to make the same mistakes again.
Details of the Traffic Police Test
1) On the test date itself, students will be gathered in a room for briefing.
2) Students will be allocated to their assigned test route (random).
3) Tester will bring them to their assigned car for students enrolled in driving schools, while private students will be using their private car for the test.
4) There are 2 sections tested in Traffic Police Test.
a) Circuit Course in driving schools (Misc, directional change, parallel parking, vertical parking, crank course and the S-course).
b) Test route assigned to students. Each student will be assigned different route.
5) After the Traffic Police test, students will be gathered in the same room, waiting for their results to be out.